- How do I reset the ReadyNAS to factory default?
- Resetting the ReadyNAS back to factory default will wipe out all configuration and data. Please understand this before continuing. If you choose to continue, here are the steps:
- Power down the ReadyNAS.
- Locate the reset pinhole.
- ReadyNAS 600/X6: the pinhole is on the back in the lower left corner.
- ReadyNAS 1000S/1100: the pinhole is in the front.
- ReadyNAS NV/NV+/Duo: the pinhole is next to the USB port in the back.
- Get a straightened paper clip and depress the hidden switch in the pinhole while the power is off, and then power on the ReadyNAS, keeping the switch depressed for about 30 secs.
- You will see the drive LEDs in the front blink once at about 5 secs and again at about 30 secs. Release the switch at the 2nd blink.
There will be a 10-minute window where you can use RAIDar to change the RAID mode and/or select the snapshot reserved space. RAIDar will prompt with "Click Setup". If you do not click Setup, the installation will begin with the default settings. Otherwise, it will begin when you've confirmed your option selection in RAIDar. You can monitor the installation progress with RAIDar.