Wash your belt!

Upside down
I don’t remember how the topic came up but the question was asked, “Should I wash my belt?"
I wash my belt.
Your belt is the one things you wear every time you train. It will alway touch the mat. The belts are made of thick material and have lots of places for nasty things to live.
Tim Blackstone told me the same thing when I was a white belt.





Here is how I wash my belt.
I put my belt into a laundry bag. The laundry bag helps keep the belt from getting tangled. You needs this if you have an upright clothes washer.
laundry bag













I put OdoBan (Damian recommended) into the rinse cycle. My clothes washer has a compartment for putting stuff into you want dispensed in the rinse cycle. Amazon Link.OdaBan










I air dry my belt stretched over the drying rack.  I never dry my belt in the clothes dryer. See the pictures for how I stretch the belt over the drying rack.
belt stretching/drying
belt stretch/drying
belt stretch/drying
belt stretch/drying














If I need to speed up the drying process I make a fan blow onto the belt.
The belt will shrink a little. I find once I start sweating it stretches to the right length.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to use the Inbox Repair Tool to recover messages in Outlook 2000 that is installed with Internet Mail Only option

Repair corrupt Outlook PST files with two Microsoft utilities

Repair corrupt Outlook PST files with two Microsoft utilities