Just cut-n-paste from google regarding a license issue and SYSPRO
Seems to only be accessible as cached page in google adding the info here so it doesn't get lost:
After I install the Syspro Client and run it for the first time, I get a dialog box from IMPCSC.EXE that reads:
"The license database for Net Express Application Server does not exist and is required to run your application.
If you have received a license with your applcation, install it using AppTrack."
Then, SysPro dies. sad.gif
I am seeking tips, trickhelp to get SysPro installed on this PC.
1. Go to the registry and locate the following:' HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Micro Focus\'
(to go to the registry click on Start > Run, and type Regedit)
2. Delete the 'ASLMF' key. (if it exists).
3. Go to the \syspro60\base folder see if there is a file called 'mfasdb'. If this file exists then delete it.
4. Go to Start > Run click on the Browse button.
5. Select 'Client.exe' located in the syspro60\base folder and click 'Open'.
6. Before clicking OK you need to add a switch '-register'. It should look like the following:
"C:\Program Files\SYSPRO60\base\CLIENT.EXE" –register (space - register)
7. After confirming the above, click on 'OK'. A window should display informing you that the Runtime License has been installed.